Thursday, October 6, 2011

Decorating...Finally!

So our good friends Dave and Sara are coming to stay with us for 5 days this coming Wednesday, and we are so excited! However, it means that I need to get this place looking like a home and start putting some decorations on the walls! I spray painted 7 frames black today, and I'm going to put them above our couch (okay it's a futon)... But I can't wait to see how they turn out. Also, I just made this fabric covered canvas for the bathroom. The canvas I have had forever and the teal fabric is from JS (thank you Cedarville) and the black and silver letters are from my wedding (thank you Mom & Dad). I love when I re-use things and don't have to buy a single thing! It was a fun project since Jor is working until 1:30am tonight...but he's valeting for the after party of the premier of Footloose! I hope he seems some celebs :) Anyways, I just wanted to share with you all my excitement to decorate. I love the idea of a white wall being my blank cavas, where there are so many options as to how to make a place feel your own. I will post pictures of what I do as decorate different rooms. Here is a pic of the canvas I just made for our bathroom...enjoy!

No comments: