Tuesday, January 10, 2012

2011:Year in Review

I know I'm a little late since it's now 2012, but I thought it would be fun to do a year in review, since it's been my favorite year to date :)

It all started in April when I planned Elliv for my school. It was a year long process, that included a lot of sweat, tears and stressful days, but in the end it all came together and was one of my favorite memories of college. I went with a vintage circus theme and some might call me bias but it may or may not be my favorite theme to date :) Here I am pictured below with my right hand girl Rebecca DeRose. She was my personal assistant and I can honestly say that I could not have pulled it off without her!


In May I graduated from Cedarville University with a B.A. in Graphic Design with minors in Studio Art and Bible. It was such a surreal day for me, walking across that stage, accepting my diploma. It was bittersweet to say the least knowing that I had to say bye to some of the greatest friends a person could ask for. I think I was so optimistic simply because I knew I was getting married in 4 short months :)


I was blessed to have bridal THREE showers, I am one lucky girl! My first one was held by my best friends/housemates at school prior to graduation. The second was hosted by my sister in law and mother in law in New Jersey, and the third was hosted by my sister (maid of honor), my mom and my two bridesmaids Nisha and Nicole in Connecticut. They were truly three of the most amazing showers I could have ever imagined. Each and every one was so special and really made me feel so loved by those who spent all the time and energy to make them happen.

Shower #1 - Hosted by my bridesmaids/housemates at our house at school 


Shower #2 - Hosted by Britt and Mom K. at Jordan's house in NJ


Shower # 3 - Hosted by Jess, Mom, Nisha and Nicole at Jess' church in CT


And for the record, those are three DIFFERENT ivory dresses :) Let me just tell you how hard of a time it was to find those, but I did! 

My favorite memory from 2011 would be a certain day in September, on a beautiful Sunday afternoon :) On September 4th, 2011 I had the privilege of marrying my best friend and the love of my life, Jordan Knoedler! It was truly the most amazing day of my life and I could not have asked for anything more. We have the most amazing pictures to look at to remember our day, as well as some of the most incredible videos a bride could ask for. I am so glad that we decided to pay the extra money for our vidoegrapher, I cannot even tell you how many times I have watched our wedding videos! Jordan and I have said that we wish we could go back and have our wedding again, because it was truly the best day of our lives! God truly has blessed us and we are so lucky to have found each other!


Our year also included moving to a new city and finding our first apartment together in Nashville. It was definitely time consuming and even to this day I feel like we haven't fully "moved in" yet, but I know that will come with time. Even though our place is small, it's home and I really do love it. 


Well that sums up my year in review give or take a few events! I cannot believe that the year is over and it's the start of 2012. Who knows what significant events will take place this year, but I am excited to see what God has in store for us as Mr. and Mrs. Jordan Knoedler!

-JK

No comments: