Thursday, February 2, 2012

An encouraging verse

Jordan was reading Psalm 103 last night and he shared some of his thoughts with me after. It's amazing how a God can still continue to love us and forgive us despite of our sinful ways. It truly is amazing. Jordan and I were talking about how sometimes it can be easy to justify our sins due to the fact that we know God will forgive us, but then we talked about how God does get angry and disappointed in us, which is a side of God I rarely think about. To know that our Father is disappointed in the choices I made is so powerful. God's grace needs to be a reminder of His character and love for us, rather than a 'get out of a jail free' card. 

I just want to leave you with these verses to act as a reminder of just how great our God is. 

 1 Praise the LORD, my soul; 
   all my inmost being, praise his holy name. 

2 Praise the LORD, my soul, 

   and forget not all his benefits

3 who forgives all your sins 

   and heals all your diseases, 

4 who redeems your life from the pit 

   and crowns you with love and compassion, 

5 who satisfies your desires with good things 
   so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.

Have a great day everyone!

-JK 


No comments: