Happy Friday everyone! I can't believe how fast this past week has gone...time is flying! Since it's Friday, it's time again for "high five for friday" from Lauren at "from my grey desk".
Since the hubby and I are trying to not spend money lately, I thought I'd talk about five things that we've been able to do with his parents while they have been here this past week - which they have paid for for the both of us...so so sweet.
1. [ We had to take them to Broadway street downtown also known as "Nash Vegas". We had a fun time just waking around and being amused by all of the interesting people you see there...we think we were even in a commercial being filmed! We're famous (not really but almost). ]
2. [ For dinner they really wanted some southern bbq so we took them to Jim & Nicks - which was actually my first time going there. I got the pulled pork and it was amazing, plus the have the best cheddar biscuits I've ever had! ]
3. [ After dinner we decided to rent a movie eat lots of popcorn and sour patch kids (so healthy right?! ). Somehow the four of us all decided on this one with Sarah Jessica Parker! It was actually pretty good, definitely a feel good movie. ]
4. [ On friday we went to downtown Franklin, which is one of my favorite places. It's basically a historic town with lots of shops and restaurants. It was the perfect day to walk around and shop, the weather was 64 and sunny! ]
5. [ Last night we went to the famous Loveless Cafe for dinner and it was delic! We ordered family style and got fried chicken, country ham, souther style green beans, mac & cheese and caramel sweet potatoes. Not to mention they had some of the best peach sweet tea and biscuits with homemade jam you've ever had. Your mouth is totally watering huh? :) ]
Today we are headed off to a historic mansion, going to grab some late lunch and then taking the in-laws to the airport. I am so thankful for such wonderful family and I wish they could stay longer!
Hope you all have a wonderful Friday, and get to spend it with the ones you love!