Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Another year older!

If you know me well, you know that I LOVE birthdays! It's not just one day around here, the celebrations start the week of! :) I can't believe that today I am 23! For some reason that sounds really old and grown-up. I have to say though, for once I actually feel a year older. Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing..

Anyways, it's been a great day so far! The kids I nanny for sang happy birthday to me in English AND in Hebrew (they are Jewish obviously). It was so cute and I loved every second of it! The parents also gave me a really generous gift to a nearby restaurant for the hubs and I to enjoy sometime later on, and said I could have the rest of the day off and that they would still pay me! I am so blessed :) 

I also got some great decorations for our apartment today at Marshalls using some of my birthday money! I will be sure to put up pics later! As if that wasn't a great day already, the hubby is taking me out to a surprise dinner tonight and I cannot wait! This is the first time since we've been dating that he has been around for my birthday which I am SO excited for! For the past 5 years he was always at the Creation Festivals which some of you may know of, doing the artist merchandise. It is such a joy to be able to celebrate with my best friend and the one I love so much! 

I will just leave you all with this picture of me when I was around 2. I can't believe that here I am, 21 years later...a college graduate, married, and loving every second of this life God has given me! 


Have a great day everyone!
-JK 

8 comments:

Kristin said...

Oh my goodness! That picture of you as a toddler is just TOO adorable :-) Happy birthday! Just stumbled upon your blog today, and had a very nice visit! You will LOVE your canvas pic, I just got one this year for the first time, and now I want them all over the house :-) Heehee! Oh, and lastly, when you talked about the "Creation" Festivals, that really brought me back! My family would go when I was a kid and we lived in New England. SUCH good memories there! Well, nice to "meet" you, and I hope you're enjoying your special day!!!

Amanda said...

Happy birthday! I hope the rest of your day is wonderful :)

Emily said...

Happy Birthday Jillian! It sounds like you've had a fantastic day so far, and I hope the rest of it is even better!

btw, your big blue eyes are adorable in that baby picture!

Katie_B said...

Happy Birthday! I will be 23 on Monday and it is hard to believe!
Have a great night.

Katie
timeofyourlifekb.blogspot.com

Allison said...

Well today is a fantastic day if it is both your birthday and my wedding anniversary! Haha. I hope your day continues to bring you happiness. That picture of you is just adorable. Happy Birthday!!

Jessica @ This Blessed Life said...

ohhhh sissy, you are presh. i think the love of birthdays thing is genetic. :)

Faith said...

Happy Birthday! Hope it's an incredible year for you!

What a gorgeous baby you were!

April said...

Happy Birthday!!!!! The picture of you is adorable. So precious! :)