Monday, July 23, 2012

DIY Starburst Mirror


I love making things. I love making things for our apartment even more. I love making things for our apartment that are cheap the most. This is the perfect example of a project that literally cost around $5 and that I think is such a beautiful statement piece in any room.

  
I got the idea off of Pinterest, which you can find here. I modified mine a little bit from the original link by using a metallic silver spray paint and also adding another tier for the "starbursts". I have to say that although it took a while to get everything lined up just right, as well as doing several coats of spray paint (I did three) I am so pleased with the end result! 

The hubby and I are planning on painting our bedroom a mint green hopefully soon, and I think the metallic silver will really pop once our oasis is complete :) 

Happy crafting!
-JK

8 comments:

Amanda said...

this is awesome! love it!! and love the idea of mint green :)

jes @ twosmuppies said...

there are so many things i want to do off pinterest! which is why i no longer go on it. i hate my house a little more with every pin i make haha

Anonymous said...

Love this! Mint is a great color!

Amanda said...

I have been wanting to make one of these! Please show us how you did and where you got your supplies :)

Brittany said...

I love it! So pretty!!

Allyson McGuire said...

This turned out so great!

Jessica @ This Blessed Life said...

looks great, sissy!

Alyson said...

It looks so good! I'm a new follower and I'm looking forward to seeing your apartment decorating progress!