Monday, December 3, 2012

DIY ruffle tree skirt

You have all probably seen the DIY ruffle tree skirts on Pinterest, if you haven't made one yourself. Well since we didn't have a tree skirt currently, and since I didn’t love any of the ones I was seeing in stores, I decided to make my own. I am not a sewer by any means, so I knew that this tutorial was perfect since it just required a glue gun, which I had on hand. Although it was pretty tedious and took me around 3 hours to finish, I am so in love. My mom is currently making me two ruffle/burlap stockings, so I know they will look so good together once they are finished. I chose white muslin since I love the combination of modern (white) and vintage (burlap), and I'm so glad I did. I got the burlap for really cheap at Hobby Lobby with a coupon, and the muslin for cheap as well from JoAnns (also with a coupon). I had to go back to get some extra fabric, so that was honestly the most annoying part. 

Regardless, I'm so happy with how it turned out and it looks so perfect under our tree. 


I'm planning on posting a tutorial on how I made it, since I know it looks more complicated than it actually was. Now go make one yourself, you'll be SO glad you did!

-Jillian 

No comments: