Thursday, December 6, 2012

Christmas mantel link-up!

 I kept seeing everyone "title" their mantel through this fun link-up from The Lettered Cottage, so I came up with one for mine: an modtage. That's modern meets vintage. That really does sum up my style in clothes, deign and especially with home decor, which I'm really okay with. 

Now let's talk about the mantel. From left to right I have a jar that I found from Goodwill for 99 cents filled with some miniature ornaments for $1.50. The next "jar" with the two jumbo peppermint sticks all came from The Dollar Store. It's just a vase hot glued to a candlestick holder, which I saw on Pinterest and am loving. Speaking of Pinterest, the white tulle garland with lights is something I made the other day after seeing on there. I decided to do bows instead of knots, to give it a fuller look and I'm so glad I did. The banner is made from vintage Christmas paper and red card stock all from Hobby Lobby, along with the ribbon and mini clothespins. The old chalkboard is another Goodwill find, but this time from the Outlet store (my absolute fav) for around $1 along with the jumbo red ornament for 50 cents. The milk glass was leftover from our wedding, the red berries from Michael's for 99 cents, disco tree is from Target and the two reindeer are from Michael's as well, which I found at our thrift store last year for around $1.50 each. 
My mom is currently sewing two ruffle burlap stockings for the hubby and I to match the DIY ruffle tree skirt I made this past week, which you can see here. She is finishing them up tonight, so I can't wait to have them! Also, I just recently purchased a beautiful new printer which I was going to use to print off one of my Etsy designs and add to the mantel, but the hubby was having some technical difficulties. In the meantime check out my new Etsy shop, Creative Type Designs to see my prints now for sale!

So there you have it! I think Christmas is one of those times of year when it's okay to have a lot going on, since there's so many ways to interpret the most wonderful time of the year. I really am loving how my mantel came together this year. Hope you've enjoyed!

-JK

No comments: