Thursday, December 13, 2012

My Favorite Things {2012}



This is my second time linking up with 320 Sycamore for My Favorite Things Party! It's one of my favorite link-ups all year, so I'm really excited to participate again. I had quite the list when I was writing this post, but I decided to cut it down to my top 12, in honor of yesterday being 12-12-12. If you missed my list from last year, you can check it out here
{I also am joining in on the $15 and under party with The Nester today too! A few items are over that price, so I've underlined the items that are UNDER $15.} 

Okay, let's get started!

They're Real mascara by Benefit. I have tried many kinds of mascara in my life, and this one is by far my favorite. It's a little expensive at $23 a bottle, but it's worth every penny, trust me!

Boiing Industrial Strength Concealer by Benefit. If you can't tell already, I'm a huge fan of anything and everything made my Benefit. This is $18, but I can tell you that it'll will last you a very long time. Mine will last me around 10-12 months and the coverage is amazing. 

If you have thick, curly hair like me, you need something strong enough to hold your hairstyles in place, and Play & Spray by Big Sexy Hair just does that. It's seriously such a great product and when it comes to hairspray, I'll never use anything else. 



I'm always on the hunt for a great nude nail polish, and this one is no exception. It's called Somoan Sand by OPI and it is definitely a favorite of mine. The nude matches my skin tone perfectly and give such a clean, polished (get it?!) look.



By far one of my favorite bags, EVER. The Le Pilage large tote bag from Longchamp is so versatile and durable, it really can withstand almost anything. I have it in the Bilbery color shown below and I'm obsessed. I love that it can be dressed up, or dressed down and is large enough to hold all my stuff :)  


I've always been a fan of Neutrogena products and this guy has won a few Allure awards in it's day. I love the scent of grapefruit every time I use it, with the tiny scrubbing beads that gently exfoliate. I have pretty sensitive skin and I think this face wash does a great job at preventing breakouts without over drying. 
If you're like me, you love all the great scents that Bath & Body Works has for their hand soaps, but are turned off by the fact that all their anti-bacterial products have Triclosan in them. I absolutely love the way (Triclosan-free) Method soaps smell, and the fact that they come in the cutest shapes and designs doesn't hurt either. I stocked up on this yummy scent, sugared mint, and I find myself smelling my hands every time I was them now!



I don't know what I did before I discovered Lysol's Dual Action wipes. There is one side for scrubbing and the other side for wiping. These have become on my favorite cleaning products for sure. I use them in almost every room, and they work wonderfully!



The hubby is a huge fan of rice so when we saw this Black & Decker rice cooker on sale during our Black Friday extravaganza for only $9.99 at Macy's we knew we had to have one. It's so nice not having to worry about the rice cooking, or boiling over (the worst). The best part is, it even turns to warm when the rice is ready, which is so convenient for me!


Even though we've had this guy since our wedding, I am so in love. This Lucia duvet cover from Crate & Barrel is still one of my favorite things in our bedroom. I love the unique pattern and fun colors. It's held up really well even in the wash and dryer. We recently purchased the pillow shams a few months ago, and it really does complete the look.



My good friend introduced me to Wallflowers from Bath & Body Works and I'm so glad she did. I have about 6 in our apartment and they do such a great job. Every time I walk into a room, I can smell them, which I love. I am loving the "winter" and "sparkling icicles" scents lately, and I can't wait to see what they come out with for springtime!

I figured I should end on a sweet note, literally. This Edy's Spumoni ice cream is a small obsession of mine. It only comes out during the holidays, so I always make sure to stock up. Maybe it's because I'm Italian, but there is nothing better than this flavor combo in my mind. If you've never tried it before, you are seriously missing out. I'm already excited for a big bowl later on today...



Well there you have it! Those are my top 12 favorite things for 2012! Thanks so much for stopping by, I'm excited to see what everyone else is loving this year!

-JK




No comments: